Monday 7 January 2013

Day 6 - something that makes me smile

Last year I really felt like gardening. I don't have green thumbs at all and everything I touch seems to die but I thought it would be fun teaching Stevie how to plant and water some flowers. On our land we don't have many gardens established because we are still designing the landscaping and creating walls etc. So we chose a brown triangle patch of dirt right out the front -away from Daddy's digger.

Off we went to Bunnings, choose some cute little flowers and plants to make the brown triangle  patch of dirt look colourful for our passing neighbours to admire. Back at home we got muddy and grubby and Stevie helped water them in.

As time went on and I grew bigger and bigger (during my second pregnancy), the little triangle garden on the steep hill got neglected (surprise surprise) and weeds overtook our flowers and before long, the garden was amass with spikey green weeds!

I knew the day would come when hubby would attack those weeds with the poison and when he did, I prayed that all that money I spent on flowers wouldn't go to waste - but one by one, everything went yellow, then brown and died (including the weeds). It was a brown triangle patch of dirt once again. I was so angry but knew it was kinda my fault for not looking after it...

Anyway, this week something appeared through the brown dirt, and then more and then more... and look what happened!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They came back! I have a black thumb, too, but last year I tackled container gardening. Was happy to eat some tomatoes I grew myself!

    ReplyDelete