Monday 7 January 2013

Day 7 - Favourite

This was a difficult one because I have lots of favourite things. But something that really makes me feel good is food- in particular Italian. Not surprising considering my heritage I guess!

I could live on pasta, no joke! Spaghetti Bolognaise was been a regular breakfast meal growing up in our family. And whenever I'm hungry and haven't been food shopping for a while, plain spaghetti with melted butter, pepper and cheese is my fallback. So Pasta 3 times a day really wouldn't worry me.
I'm happy to report that my daughter has inherited my love of pasta and can eat a bowl almost as big as mine (shes almost 3).
My hubby always comments how quickly we slurp and suck our spaghetti up and can never beat me at a spaghetti eating race! Our diet regularly consists of meals such as Osso Bucco, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Carbonara,  Home made pizza, Lasagne, Bacon and Red wine spaghetti, Napolitana and Minnestrone. 
My husband was never into Polenta though (which I love) so I found a recipe that made it more interesting - and he's converted!

Introducing "Polenta Chips with Chunky Napolitana Sauce and Parmesan" (It is vegetarian and can easily be vegan by omitting the parmesan;)

And my favourite quote from beautiful and famous Italian, Sofia Loren.
When referring to her voluptuous body-

"All I have, I owe to pasta"


1 comment:

  1. Gosh that looks good! My husband will not touch pasta, which is so sad since I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete