Thursday 17 January 2013

Day - um...16? Happiness

Yesterday was my angels 3rd Birthday. Need I say more on the "happiness" subject?
I think I may have enjoyed it just as much as she did.
I am so so proud to be her mother and was in awe of her all day. I didnt take too many photos really (except for the important bits), I just soaked it all in without the viewfinder in my face.
From the moment she woke up (I woke her up actually), I made her feel special. We baked cupcakes, her favorite thing to do, and got dressed in her party dress for her party. I plaited her hair and tried to hide the chopped off bits she attacked with the scissors a few weeks back.
 We arrived at the park and she actually climbed and played on the things she has previously been to scared to go near (big girl now shes 3! So proud!).
I loved watching her swim with her friends and cousins, and play on her own in the sand. She insisted on wearing her tiara when everybody sang her "happy birthday". She shared her tiniest birthday cupcake with daddy and made 3 sandcastles for her 3rd birthday. Then clip clopped her way through the crowded park to the car wearing just her white undies, taira and high heels. Thats my girl!
 Didn't want to go to sleep last night and stop watching her play with all her new gifts.
Its a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think about her growing up and not being my cute chubby toddler anymore. But shes turning into a clever, cheeky little girl now, we can have proper conversations and she is MY BEST FRIEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment