Saturday 5 January 2013

Day 5 - Something I wear

Happy weekend everybody! I must admit, today I'm feeling a little flat. My little man is not sleeping well (last night was particularly a bad one) and I'm really starting to feel the sleep deprivation.
But, onwards and upwards, so here is todays image.

This little piece is what my hubby presented me when he asked me to marry him. Needless to say, it's one of my favorite piece of jewellery.

I have a bit of a thing for semi- precious stones and turquoise is "my rock". It helps me feel grounded and calm and I wear it EVERY day, whether it be earrings, ring or necklace. I know it might sound weird, but I get quite uptight and nervous or uncomfortable when I'm not wearing it.

Some of turquoises attributes are - it brings solace to the spirit, it brings protection from outside influences and pollutants in the atmosphere, enhances spiritual attunement and communication and allows the soul to express oneself. Physically, turquoise is a excellent stone for exhaustion, depression or panic attacks. (taken from "The Crystal Bible.)

I highly recommend finding a piece of stone that you "connect" with and seeing how it affects your overall sense of being. And they look pretty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment